Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Replacing Reat Seatbelt Catch / Removing Rear Seat

funkyg

Hey guys,

Hope somebody here can help me out.

My car has just failed it's MOT due to a faulty rear seatbelt catch. No problem, got one ordered from Mr T (Only £15, I was well shocked! Was expecting a lot more.) should be easy enough to remove the old one and fit the new one.

The problem I have is the seat bench doesn't lift up in the saloon like it does in the hatch so it's not as easy to get to the securing bolts.

Does anybody know how to remove the rear bench without ripping it to bits?! I have dropped the seat back down and can see a couple of bolts that I'm guessing holds the back down, do I need to undo these or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks.

Hey guys,

My car has just failed it's MOT due to a faulty rear seatbelt catch. No problem, got one ordered from Mr T (Only £15, I was well shocked! Was expecting a lot more.) should be easy enough to remove the old one and fit the new one.

The problem I have is the seat bench doesn't lift up in the saloon like it does in the hatch so it's not as easy to get to the securing bolts.

Does anybody know how to remove the rear bench without ripping it to bits?! I have dropped the seat back down and can see a couple of bolts that I'm guessing holds the back down, do I need to undo these or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks.

Hi

I don't know if you have been able to remove your bench yet, but I just foung this hyperlink, which may be of some help.

Go to http://www.techdoc.toyota-europe.com/default.aspx

Click on the 'general' tab and select Accessory installation manuals

Press the 'search AIM' button

Enter the following information, in the selection:

Avensis

Any

FMC 03/2003

Any

Parking aid system

Press search

Select Parking aid 800 Sedan LHD

Press the magnifying glass button

Go to page 9 and it shows you that the rear bench is lifted from the front and slid out, giving access to the bolts.

There is also a lot of other good information on this site, so I am saving this one for future use.

I hope this is of some use to you

Hey guys,

Thanks.

Hi

I don't know if you have been able to remove your bench yet, but I just foung this hyperlink, which may be of some help.

Go to http://www.techdoc.toyota-europe.com/default.aspx

Click on the 'general' tab and select Accessory installation manuals

Press the 'search AIM' button

Enter the following information, in the selection:

Avensis

Any

FMC 03/2003

Any

Parking aid system

Press search

Select Parking aid 800 Sedan LHD

Press the magnifying glass button

Go to page 9 and it shows you that the rear bench is lifted from the front and slid out, giving access to the bolts.

There is also a lot of other good information on this site, so I am saving this one for future use.

I hope this is of some use to you

Hi again

I just noticed you have a 2001 Avensis, not a 2003.

The same link applies, but you just have to select some other options:

MMC 07/2000, in place of 01/2003

Select Audio, in place of parking aid

Select audio LHD, in place of Select Parking aid 800 Sedan LHD

The drawing is on page 21 (fig. 27)

Bench still pulls up and out according to this drawing too.

Best regards

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links