Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Calling Heating Engineers

Phoenix999

Is there anyone on here that is a central heating engineer :unsure:

I have a combination boiler and I have noticed that the pressure gauge on the boiler is dropping as if there is a leak within the central heating circuit. Is there any way I can attempt a cure for this such as putting something into the water system to seal the leak wherever it may be :unsure: Such products are made for car cooling systems so why not for central heating systems?

Any advice that anyone can give would be helpful :thumbsup:

My Dad is a semi-retired heating engineer, he'll be in shortly I'll ask for you.

Thank you.... I did a little search via Google and there is a leak sealer made by Fernox. Some people have double dosed a system and appear to have had success, maybe I'll go down this route unless your Dad comes up with a better suggestion :unsure:

Ok this is what he says..

from the boiler there will be a small 15mil pipe going through the wall, that is a pressure release valve, make sure it isnt dripping water. If it is dripping that can be enough to cause the pressure to drop, alternatively it may be a leak under the floor which would be seen from the ceiling (if it is obviously not the ground floor). If it is under the ground floor it could leak forever and might prove tricky to find. The other option it could be the pressurisation vessel within the boiler.

If it is only dropping a little bit over a period of 2-3 months it idoesnt matter but if it is dropping substantially over a short period (i,e a week) it needs looking at.

You can try the leak fixer but he hasnt got any experience with them - even by other friends & my Brother who are in the trade too, but this is some advice and definitely check the pipe through the wall first as it can be quite a common one.

I hope that makes some sense as I've typed it as he said it! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links