Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heated Wingmirrors Not Working

ashy

I have a 2004 avensis T-spirit estate with electric folding mirrors. I thought it should also have heated mirrors too, as it's the t-spirit, but they don't seem to work. Am I correct that they should operate with the rear window demister switch? I've tried changing what I think was the heated mirror fuse ( in the mini fuse box in the compartment by the drivers knees) but that hasn't worked. Does anyone know whether a 2004 t spirit had heated mirrors as standard? Maybe my car doesn't have them. Has anyone got any ideas?!

Cheers

Chris

Hi,

I've not tried breathing on them but they don't even feel warm to the touch. I'll check with Toyota garage to see if I'm looking at the right fuse. If not I may try the door panel removal. Is it easy?!

Thanks

chris

Hi,

I've not tried breathing on them but they don't even feel warm to the touch. I'll check with Toyota garage to see if I'm looking at the right fuse. If not I may try the door panel removal. Is it easy?!

Thanks

chris

The mirror heaters have a different fuse to the rear window even though they are operated by the same switch. The fuse is No 54, a 10A in the instrument panel fuse box.

Fitter

You wont fell the warmth if you touch the mirrors but yes the mirrors are heated when you press the rear window button.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links