Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Do I View Abs Flash Codes?

ThaddeusJones

I have a UK 98 1.8 Avensis with the abs warning lamp on. I’ve linked TC(13) to CG(4) and I get the engine warning lamp flashing evenly but no flash code from the abs warning lamp – it’s still constantly lit.

Have I linked the correct pins to see the abs flash codes?

(DLC3 connector)

Thanks gazza1286 but I'm still left confused. I've found code explanations all over the place.

The bit I don't get is how to make the abs warning light flash the code. When I link Tc to Cg the engine warning lamp flashes - I'm expecting the abs warning light to flash. The link you gave me refers to engine faults - no mention of abs?

Have I mis-understood, I'm using this as my reference and assuming I can use Cg in place of E1?

To ThaddeusJones.

You are using the correct pin numbers to create flash codes, but this is purely as you have found out yourself for engine faults only. If i can locate codes i will repost. You may find that your car is not Canbus compliant, but EOBD compliant. European OBD from 97 onwards.

Regards, Beagh.

• 4 months later...

did you manage to get this sorted?

the ABS Warning Light in my UK '98 Avensis has come on just today, the car has done 130k and still running sweet.

i also tried jumping pins 4 and 13 and my engine light also flashes but the ABS light stays on.

just wondering what i could do to check the error codes to identify what the problem is.

any help much appreciated

Thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links