Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.4td Surf With Inj Pump Leak

BMR Automotive

Hello all,

We have in at the moment a J reg Surf 2.4TD with a Denso injection pump that is leaking diesel from around the sensor that is fitted into the pump top housing. What I need to know is if I remove the sensor lock nut (32mm I think) and locking plate then remove the leak off pipes from the top housing, then undo the 4 cap head set screws can i remove the top housing from the pump and see if a seal or O ring around the sensor has split. In other words what is likeley to jump out at me if the top is removed. :(

Thanks Brian.

It's no problem to change the seals with the pump on the vehicle, have a look at this site for pictures http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/fuelpump.htm

Hi Andy,

Your a star mate this as exactly the information I was looking for. The Toyota Dealers dont sell parts only a complete pump at £2200 + VAT, The local Diesel engineers are very tight with information dispite me spending a fortune with them in the past, any kind of exploded diagram wont show up if you google it and my customer had the vehicle in at another garage for 5 weeks picking up a big bill with the car still the same when it came back. I have sorted the main problem of very poor cold starting and extream lack of power. The Crank pully bonding had failed allowing the outer section to move backwards and rub its way through the timing cover resulting in the plastic fragments getting packed into the crankshaft cambelt gear and allowing the cam belt to move round by one tooth. It looks like the owner is a very lucky bunny.

Thanks again mate.

Brian.

post-88384-1263138253_thumb.jpg

post-88384-1263138267_thumb.jpg

post-88384-1263138300_thumb.jpg

post-88384-1263138312_thumb.jpg

post-88384-1263138329_thumb.jpg

Hello all,

We have in at the moment a J reg Surf 2.4TD with a Denso injection pump that is leaking diesel from around the sensor that is fitted into the pump top housing. What I need to know is if I remove the sensor lock nut (32mm I think) and locking plate then remove the leak off pipes from the top housing, then undo the 4 cap head set screws can i remove the top housing from the pump and see if a seal or O ring around the sensor has split. In other words what is likeley to jump out at me if the top is removed. :(

Thanks Brian.

Hi mate,

I had this problem, start the truck and let it tick over, drip, drip ,drip, stop and restart, no drips, happened three days in a row, (freezing conditions) Put 1 litre of ATF in 1/2 a tank of diesel NO more dripping, I've been told that ATF will swell the seals in the pump. I also use Redex injector cleaner at evey fill of diesel. Still no drips. Hope this info helps.

Grasserman.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links