Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is It Possible To Obtain Old M.o.t Certs?

coatsie

My girlfriend has just bought a really smart yaris T-spirit 05 reg and low miles. Its got full toyota stamps from a dealer in york but on handing over the cash and getting all the paperwork we noticed it only had the one "up to date" MOT certificate which i find odd for a car with a full toyota history, We have yet do get the v5 documents back from the dvla with the previous owners name so that we could possibly contact and ask why?

Can old certificates be obtained or not?

pete.

If it was registered in 2005 on a 05 (March – September) then the first MOT wouldn’t have been until 2008 (September being the latest depending when it was registered). That would bring you up to March - September 09.

So effectively you are only missing one MOT certificate, the very first one. Not a major ball ache. Just give the previous owner a call when you receive the V5, they may have it somewhere, if not I wouldn’t worry about it.

I agree with Reece.... as the car has full service history I think you will find that this is more valuable than a single missing MOT certificate :)

if you look on the back of the M.O.T document there is a web address you can go to then just enter some details from the indate M.O.T and it will give you all the details held by DVLA. then just print it off.... hope this helps !!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links