Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 Weeks Old..1St Puncture With No Spare...pain!

swifty999

I have to say I love my new RAV4, first one I've had and it's a dream to drive!

That being said it's a 2010 model and I was very aware it has no spare wheel and that ridiculous compressor and tyre filler in the boot that I hope to never use for a long time!

Anyway, wife calls me from outside the hairdressers, has spotted a stick protruding from the back tyre on the edge..I drive it home and pull the stick out and it's flat in about 10 mins...

Of course because it's the side wall it's irrepairable and I have no intention of using that filler in the boot....why didn't they stick with the spare on the boot!!??

Next problem is that none of the local tyre dealers have even got the size of tyre the new RAV has in stock, so I have to wait until the next day for a mobile chap from Deal who just happened to 'have 1 he'd bought but thought he'd never use' in stock...!!

So I'm back on the road the next day, £160 down and seriously thinking of ordering a spare tyre from Toyota to even stick in my shed as a spare for next time...

Great car Toyota, absolutely love driving it....but not having any sort of spare plus a rare tyre size is a real pain!!

Hi mate

sorry to hear of the woes. I have a T180 with no spare. However i bought a spare alloy and tyre (non Toyota) for £140 delivered and its now sitting upright in my boot tied down to the luggage straps with a cargo strap. Its surprising how little room it takes up. I have it in a black wheel bag too. Well pleased and I feel more confident knowing its there.

Check with Anchorman and see if he has sold both of his 17" spare spares.

Big Kev. :thumbsup:

I did pm you swifty!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links