Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I Might Need A New Engine....help

Scot

Hi guys,

I might have spun a bearing or broken a ring last night and could possibly need a new engine. ANY IDEAS?

I'll consider anything really. Anything longatude basted.........Anybody know the dimensions of the 2.5 TT from the supra/soarer?

Or what about a written off Nissan 200sx turbo for sale? Whats the IS200 engine like? what are its dimensions? Any 4 pot or short 6 considered. I think a V8 might be to dificult, both on insurance and fitting.

Any ideas at all?

Oh, looking for 200+bhp

Is there a 3SGE in a lexus that faces the "proper" direction?

oh, the Sr20det is out of a Sunny GTiR amongst other things.....

Hi guys,

I might have spun a bearing or broken a ring last night and could possibly need a new engine. ANY IDEAS?

bugger man :( :(

what about a 3sgte!!!!

That would be perfect.... but its always been a transverse engine right? if u know of a toyota its in, where it isnt transvers Shout VERY loud!!! lol

scot feel for you man :( :crybaby:

think im right in sayin that the 3S-GTE was fitted to the supra as well.

jap spec IS200 or Alltezza's have the beams 3S-GE in think they put out about 200bhp as stock but being a fairly new lump may be a bit pricey.

then theres the 7M-GTE from the supra a few of these in the breakers now. do think you would be better staying with a toyota lump as most things toyota are compatable.

if you need any help let me know :thumbsup::thumbsup:

scot feel for you man :( :crybaby:

think im right in sayin that the 3S-GTE was fitted to the supra as well.

jap spec IS200 or Alltezza's have the beams 3S-GE in think they put out about 200bhp as stock but being a fairly new lump may be a bit pricey.

then theres the 7M-GTE from the supra a few of these in the breakers now. do think you would be better staying with a toyota lump as most things toyota are compatable.

if you need any help let me know :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks mate,

3S-GTE in a supra???? havnt herd of that. What are the beams engines anyway....

7M's are nice, but too heavy really for my car (900kgs), a 1GZ would be better.

On principal i would rather stay with toyota, yes. But..... I know with the Sr20 u dont need many mods.

Tell me more about the beams if u can mate.

Thanks for the offer of help, means a lot :thumbsup:

Would a JZ series be too long? Just thinking of those modified Volvos & Beemers we saw in another thread :lol:

Would a JZ series be too long? Just thinking of those modified Volvos & Beemers we saw in another thread :lol:

I have seen pics of it been done, but to be honest its too big a job for me yet. I would require opening up the whole transmission tunnel i think.

And i cant do the kinda fabrication work yet :wacko:

A long while back (actually very long ago :lol: ) a friend of mine replaced the 3K-C 1100cc engine in his little 4 door saloon Corolla (KE30) with a 2T-C 1600cc unit from the liftback (KE50). The engine was slightly bigger and the gearbox had to sit a bit farther back in the car, but everything fit very snugly. The only thing he had to do is get his prop shaft shortened by JEM in Falkirk.

hmmmm i might have found somthing very exciting to keep me going for a yr and do a nice rebuild on the old girl. Cheap, ugly, but b*@**y quick. I'll let u all know. hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe

Beams engine is a 3S-GE engine with variable valve timing.thread here

err, sorry guys

I think im gonna go nissan power!!!! Should be good for 250bhp in 900kgs.............. what do u guys think?

£800 for the whole car, then just need to shorten the driveshaft i think.... if i do do this, fingers crossed i dont twist the rea diff. :lol::lol::lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links