Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Major Work For Rwd

Lionel

Ok, lets get to the point... has anyone ever changed a ST162 Celica to RWD .... I would love to have such a unique car... Can anyone help ? Is it even possible ? let me know :help:

It would go without saying it would be a HUUUUGE job, but would uber cool :) ... I think my hachi has helped sway you this way ;)

I would be interested to see what bit would be good for the job for example if old supra running gear would be compatible....

RWD ST162 :group-cuddles:

• 3 weeks later...

I looked at converting my ST162 to 4WD and with a GT4 Floor Pan ,Running gear, 4WD gearbox and minor chassis modificaion I was able to be done.

Floor pan + running gear = AUD$2000

Gearbox = AUD$1000

Labour = AUD$2000

$5000 for a 4WD conversion didn't seem so bad until I looked further into it and found out that on top of that I would have to pay upto $4000 for an engineers certificate just to have it considered for testing, and then Transport South Australia could still deem my car unroad worthy.

In short. The conversion is possible. I have see RWD conversions for the 3S-G(T)E aroundbut check with your local motor autority regarding the legality of such mods.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links