Gearbox Problems (I Think)

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 squid101

• Registered Member
  • 2 posts
  • Toyota Model: Mr2 MkII

Posted 24 February 2011 - 05:15 PM

Just wondered if anyone has any tips for my Mr2 problem. Driving to work today the MR2 started getting some engine wobble at the traffic lights, as I set off the car starting jerking foreward, loosing power. The clutch felt strange at the time and started slipping about a month ago but not badly.

Ive got it back home as had not driven far. If its the clutch I wondered where to go to get it fixed. Nightmare scenario is a 500 bill from Toyota I guess. Makes me wonder if its worth having an aftermarket clutch fitted.

I dont know much about cars just love driving them. Ive owned it for 6 months and probably bought it a little prematurely given my spare money. Ive been saving up so that I can get it a service and hopefully get it feeling like new but now worried Ill have to spend alot on the clutch. Any advice would be appreciated.

Also my insurance seems savegely high. I used to have a t5 c70 Volvo @ 285bhp was dangerous on anything other than a straight line and only cost me 1500 to insure. The MR2 costs me 2200 Im 23, 3years NCB, 6 points (SP30) in a safe postcode. Seems excessively high :( and thats with ecar

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users