Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Runx?

mjbugden

Hi there

I am looking at buying a 2002/3 or pref 2004/5 Toyota runx in from Japan but I am lost on which model to get. I see there are Runx S models out there but I have no idea how they differ from the Z model. Also need help with the engine. Drove a 1.8 VVTLI the other day which is the best made for that vehicle but it was super tight on the suspension and ratlly as heck. 1.5 VVTI is still an option but would like 1.8 VVTI or VVTLI if they are any good as the extra KW would be saddly missed. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

I doubt there are many people here in the UK that will have heard of a Runx :huh: This is a new one on me :unsure:

The Runx is the Japanese Corolla

If you want performance the 1.8 VVTL-I is definitely the way to go, the 2ZZ-GE is a near bullet proof engine

My advice would be to test drive another, the rattly one may of just been a bad example

Yep the VVTL-I is the only option my friend, you will regret it otherwise. Assuming the build quality is the same as the UK car then I agree you should try another

Thanks guys. I am really keen to give the VVTLI another shot as this one just didn't feel comfortable or all that fast. Still not sure what the "S" version offers over the Z. Too many variants!!]

didn't get it very fast. I think I have the engines figured out now but can someone clarify for me please? I think the ZZE123 is the 18 VVTLI, the ZZE122 is the 1.8 standard VVTI and the ZZE121 is the 1500 VVTI? Is that correct?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links