Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-Sport Damp In Boot

experiax10

Hi, I've had my car for just over a month now, its a y plate but immaculate condition and only has 64000 on the clock, But recently Ive noticed a damp smell though, so when i checked in the boot the carpet is dry on top but wet underneath? Think theres a possibility the water is coming in from behind the tail lights - any 1 else had any experience of this and how it can be sorted is a great help. Im thinking of using a clear mastic to see if that stops it for the time being while drying out under the boot carpet by replacing it with newspaper every day until the water is absorbed, Thanks again, Nick.

If you take everything out of the boot including spare wheel etc you'll see there are a few rubber bungs,. If you remove these then you'll see straight through to the tarmac below! Make sure these rubber bungs aren't missing as that could cause the symptoms you describe.

Sometimes there are reports of water coming in through the rear lights - which can easily be resealed.

On mine, the gromit came loose where the wiring loom connects from the hatch to the main car at the top of the roof between the hatchback door hinges. The water went in through there when it rained, ran down the rear quarters inside the car and ended up under the boot floor.

I fixed mine with silicone sealant and duct tape which worked fine for a couple of years then until I sold it...

Check the rear wash /wipe is working properly and the washer washes. If the tube breaks or is disconnected, it will water the boot.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links