Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T-Sport Clutch

dar

I fitted a genuine clutch kit to my t sport,but the clutch has no play in it at all.as soon as i lift my foot up off the pedal it bites.

does anyone know if there is any way to adjust this?(apart from wheel spinning!) :rolleyes:

could be two problems,

does it bite right at the bottom of the pedal travel or at the top??

Clutch hydraulics have air in it and needs bleeding

or

Clutch master cylinder rod needs adjusting.

the only experience i have of a new clutch was when i had one fitted to my previous car (2001 yaris). when the clutch was newly fitted it was biting at the very bottom and i kept stalling too. however when it beds in over the next week or two you will notice the biting point comes higher up the pedal naturally and then stablises where you would expect the normal biting point to be. personally i wouldn't adjust anything and see if the same happens...

thanks for replies.after a few days of driving,im not sure if im getting used to it or its actually getting better. :wacko: the good news is im not cutting out at lights anymore!i felt like i should have learner plates up again!

i went for a genuine toyota kit from the dealer.it didnt work out that much more expensive than other options.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links