Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Missing Parts.

Bodgit-fixit-run

So i'm having problems with the Rave and am getting some funny noises. At first I suspect the water pump I've done 108K so decide to change it anyway. Since I'm doing that i decide to change the belts including timing belt, it will be due soon anyway. it's got to come off so why not? I get all the parts and off I go. Done it before so not a major problem. UNTIL I remove the timing belt spacer. It fell off the bolt and I heard it land and roll. Here come the search. I can't find it anywhere. Eventually I decide to make a new one cos this has simply vanished. Knock one out and get ready to reasemble. This time I decide to have one more search using a flood light. I looked inside the front sub frame where the swinging arm connects it. Inside and beneath swinging arm is the elusive component. had I not found it it would have jammed the swing arm. Moral? look in the unlikely places as well. The spacer had clearly rolled along the swing arm dropped off the side and come to rest underneath out of sight without a really thorough search. it only took three days to find. be patient and search folks.

So i'm having problems with the Rave and am getting some funny noises. At first I suspect the water pump I've done 108K so decide to change it anyway. Since I'm doing that i decide to change the belts including timing belt, it will be due soon anyway. it's got to come off so why not? I get all the parts and off I go. Done it before so not a major problem. UNTIL I remove the timing belt spacer. It fell off the bolt and I heard it land and roll. Here come the search. I can't find it anywhere. Eventually I decide to make a new one cos this has simply vanished. Knock one out and get ready to reasemble. This time I decide to have one more search using a flood light. I looked inside the front sub frame where the swinging arm connects it. Inside and beneath swinging arm is the elusive component. had I not found it it would have jammed the swing arm. Moral? look in the unlikely places as well. The spacer had clearly rolled along the swing arm dropped off the side and come to rest underneath out of sight without a really thorough search. it only took three days to find. be patient and search folks.

Strikes a real chord this one Bodgit!

The number of unlikely hiding places in an engine compartment is beyond belief. When my car comes back from service I always have a good look around the engine compartment for tools that the mechanic left in there. The score so far includes 2 sets of feeler gauges, a 3/8" drive ratchet several open ended and ring spanners and more sockets than I can remember.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links