Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T180 Egr Clean. Hmmmm

wardude

Hey Charlie

Yeah mine is running great but its still a worry that everyone seems to be getting new engines, where as mine just got new piston rings when it used oil. Why are they now replacing engines? Its not just the fact they are replacing engines, its the fact that its a different engine by design. This says to me that my new rings were just a cheap, poss temp fix otherwise why wouldnt they still just be changing other folks rings only

Mate Your a good Guy and You have helped Me in the past with the Tyre pictures and stuff but Mate You are not hearing here !

Toyota have changed Their policy in the way they are dealing with these engines They were up until July 1st rebuilding them and allowing the Dealer 27 hours labour plus the parts,,,,,,

Now they are finding it cheaper to rebuild the engines in Japan or where ever They are doing them and ship them to the Dealer who is then give 13 Hours labour to swap them over. Thereby saving 14 hours......

I know its hard to make sense of the above and its hard from a business point of view to make the numbers stack up but Toyota must be re building these engines for next to nothing to make this work.... Either that or the People who are on their second or third engine leaves Toyota to believe the engineering is best done in house by them ??

Whatever Your car Has been sorted and is doing everything well So don't worry about it .... HTH

Wee Charlie.

Sorry, I had some catching up to do and missed a couple of posts

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links