Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav 4 Warning Lights

arennie72

I have a 05 Rav4 diesel with 87000 miles.Three warning lights sometimes appear.Fuel filter,oil and Battery lights.They sometimes are are on from start up and sometimes after 1/2 hour running.They sometimes go off when I change down gear but only for short period of time.

There is no change in the performance

I have a 05 Rav4 diesel with 87000 miles.Three warning lights sometimes appear.Fuel filter,oil and battery lights.They sometimes are are on from start up and sometimes after 1/2 hour running.They sometimes go off when I change down gear but only for short period of time.

There is no change in the performance

hello

Fuel filter ---- check with water having drained a liquid sample from the bottom plug;

change filter element in case of it is clogged;

Oil --- what is appeared: oil level or oil pressure light ??? If oil level -- try to top it up; If Oil pressure -- the level must be in limits + possible reasons: oil filter is due to be changed; oil viscosity is less due to diesel leaks into the sump; main /con rod big end bearing wear down;

Battery --- check with charging current from an alternator; check with voltage coming to starter motor; check with an acid level in the battery; check with driving belt tension (for alternator)

Cheers/Igor

Thanks for the reply Igor

Would the above problems cause the lights to come on and off at the same time

All filters were replaced in april and it was soon after this the lights appeared

Thanks for the reply Igor

Would the above problems cause the lights to come on and off at the same time

my personal opinion is that these three can not be ON at the same time ---- check with possible error stored in ECU using code reader.

cheers/Igor

Ive had computer on car but because the engine light was not coming on no faults showed.

This has been like this since april

Ive had computer on car but because the engine light was not coming on no faults showed.

This has been like this since april

I would have thought faults would have been stroed in the ECU.

Have you checked for trapped/abraided wiring? Could be intermittent shorting :unsure:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links