Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fault Code P1226

thatch

Hi

I have a 2002 avensis d4d with 200k on the clock. This last week it brought on the engine management light. When ever i pull away in first or second the car looses power and the light comes on it wont go over 1000 revs. Once i switch it off for a minute and back on the light is out and the car is fine again. Im a taxi driver and on a 12 hr shift today it did it 6 times. I put it on a computer and it came up fault code p1226 fuel line malfunction. I changed the fuel filter but it made no differnce. The car is driving perfect in every other way and not smoky. Any one any ideas.

Thanks...

Paddy

clean scv

Hi is that a DIY job or experience needed?

Just to update i took the gauze out of the fuel tank and cleaned it and problem still there. Mechanic thinks either scv valves on fuel pump or injectors themselves. So getting injectors tested on tuesday!

clean scv

Just to update i took the gauze out of the fuel tank and cleaned it and problem still there. Mechanic thinks either scv valves on fuel pump or injectors themselves. So getting injectors tested on tuesday!

Dont Not yet.

On the fuel pump, Green and Red connectors,

These are the SCV.

Remove - clean with brake disc cleaner (blow through the hole)

reassemble and report back.

clean scv

Dont Not yet.

On the fuel pump, Green and Red connectors,

These are the SCV.

Remove - clean with brake disc cleaner (blow through the hole)

reassemble and report back.

Thanks for that i hear they can give a bit of trouble.

I decided to take out the injectors and get them tested. And it turns out that one of them was bad. Not holidng or producing the correct pressure. Phoned toyota quoted £355 for ONE new injector...i knew they were expensive but thats crazy! Anyway i got a used one from a local car breaker for £50 got it tested and put it in the car. Everything is fine again...thankfully!

Thanks all for any help...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links