Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Oil For 2001 1.8 Vvti?

wafers

Just wondered if anyone could advise on a recommended oil type and brand for vvti? The bottom end of the engine was replaced about 10k miles ago and the top end has done about 70k? Thanks in advance!

5W30 is the book oil.

Try & buy the best oil you can really.

Cheers for the info. Just wondered if people tended to veer towards semi or fully synthetic and if there were any particular brands which were preferred by celica owners?

If its a brand new oil change then go for fully synthetic, if topping up and you don't know whats in there I'd go for semi

Hi Wafers,

Just put my Celica through local stealership here for a 60K service estimate, and on the estimate sheet they stated Castrol SLX 0w30.........(i guess this is the effect of 10 years of developments in oil technology)???

Castrol says SLX 0w30 is to the ACEA A3/B3,A3/B4 spec - so i guess any oil from any manufacturer ( as long as it is of that viscosity and technical spec) will do?

At the change, i used the stated SLX, and ~3,500 miles in, i am yet to see/hear/feel any bad effects.........

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links