Toyota Owners Club - Toyota Forum Messages

Review Your Toyota

Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours, review your Toyota now

In Memory

Les "Giddlepin" Ackroyd - 1951 to 2016  - A well missed friend to everyone. 

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dooley*

Reverse Gear Problem. Celica 140

1 post in this topic

Hi all, I have owned a 2002 Toyota Celica VVTi 140 for the past 5 years and noticed that the reverse gear is progressively more difficult to engage. When I first bought the car it was difficult to not pull off at lights in reverse as it was a little too easy to find. Now however, selection of reverse involves a bizzare wrist flicking manoeuvre to avoid crunching it in. The other gears are not a problem (although high speed downshifting has always been a bit hit and miss), there is plenty of brake fluid in the reservoir (I assume its shared with the clutch).

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I would be very appreciative of any advise anyone might have.

Regards Mark

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By candie69
      im having a problem with my iq2 . i got a button next to the gearbox that doesnt do anything , i believe its the traction control but unsure . when i turn on the ignition the traction light comes on and goes off but when i press the button nothing is happening atall . it does illuminiate when my headlights are on and thats about it . when i went to take out the switch to clean it i noticed a few other wires not connected to anything atall? i was wondering what these wires are for and how i go about fixing my traction control button or if i can test the wiring by using a wire to create a circiut to make sure the switch is faulty and then the light should come on , on the dash . 

please help me . pics are attached 
      thankyou 

• By nazzy125
      Hello,
      Has anyone on here had there Toyota Avensis 2.0 V-Matic LPG converted? I just want to find out if it is possible? and if it caused any problems by doing so?
      I've seen a video of a 1.8 V Matic that has been converted, would it be the same for the 2.0?
    • By jmbarnes
      Hi, I recently did a long distance journey in my 2005 aygo, along the way I was speeding up as I was getting onto the A1 and I missed 5th gear and ground. From this point on selecting gears whilst the engine has been running is more than difficult. Getting the car into 1st was nigh on impossible and 2nd was almost as difficult. I am wondering if anyone has had this issue before?
      I'm thinking when I missed 5th gear with how high my revs were when my drive was re-engaged that I've knocked something out of alignment, or if its just my clutch or gearbox that needs replacing, any answers would be a great help.
    • By nazzy125
      Hello everyone,
      New to this forum, i currently own a 2007 Toyota Avensis 2.2 D4-D T Spirit its been a fabulous car owned it just over 5 years, now its time to upgrade :) ive seen a 2009 Avensis 2.0 V Matic M-Drive S that matches what i am after, im looking to go for a petrol model this time, has anyone got one of these?, im interested to know an owners perspective, Average MPG?, Reliable as any other Toyota?, is the M Drive S gearbox any good?, they seem like quite rare cars most of the petrol powered models are 1.8.
      Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
      Cheers!
    • By _wjl
      Compatible with 2007-2011 Toyota Yaris and 2008-2014 Toyota Ist/Scion xD
      30k miles/48km on them.
      $550 OBO before shipping from CA, US.
      See pictures.