2 replies to this topic

#1 Myles Taylor

Myles Taylor

Club Member

• Member via FB
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:16 PM

Hi folks me again. :driving: Does anybody know what size the rear speakers are on the IQ.
Also is it easy enough to just swap with another better quality speaker, as I find the rear ones lacking in performance compared to the front ones and I prefer my sound to be behind me.
But if I fade to the rear it seems to lose all depth.
Has anybody done a speaker upgrade at all without resorting to the ridiculously priced JBL upgrade thingy. Thanks folks ;)

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 aaronfife

aaronfife

Advanced Club Member

• Member Selling Group
  • 361 posts
  • First Name:Aaron
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: IQ 1.0 VVT-I
  • Year: 2009

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:57 PM

I just upgraded the front speakers to a set of Alpine 2-way 220w tweeter and speaker package. I would of went for the back but didn't see the point at the time. They sound very good for the price £50 ish. Sorry can't be any help with rears

#3 tarquin

tarquin

Top Rank Poster!

• Registered Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,503 posts
  • First Name:david
  • Gender*:Male
  • Toyota Model: iq2
  • Year: 2009
Contributor

Posted 14 July 2012 - 07:08 PM

interestingly, i had a Tns 510 satnav unit that came with the car. changed it to a TNS 350 to have the benefit of speed camera and road speed alert. I have found the audio quality increase is significant giving a deeper bass response with depth and body and no mid range distortion. Just an observation.It may be that you want to change your speakers but don't hold your breath it may also be a product of the head unit quality

David

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users