Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iridium Spark Plugs

celica kid

hi all

was looking at buying some Iridium sparkplugs for my celica gen 6

and was wondering are they worth the money £40+ did any one try them in a celica and was there a difference.

i got a set of the ngk Iridium plugs from Sparkplugs.co.uk for £30, they replaced a worn set of palatinium plugs so any difo i felt which wasnt much im putting it done to new plugs rather than them being any better than standard plugs.

I would say they are worth it as they put less strain on ur ignition system and they last 60,000 miles +..

Kevstir

I have a 94 UK GT with the 3s-ge engine the part number for the plugs i used was BKR6EIX, for the 1.8 st 7a-fe engine the part number is BKR6EIX-11 .

Kevstir

The benefit of NGK Iridiums is that the tip is obviously Iridium which is harder that standard copper. This means that the gap remains as spec for longer than a comparable copper tip (the gap between electrode and tip opens with use). Being harder the tip you will notice is also finer than standard creating a more intense spark. I am running platinums cos removing the intercooler is not on my "fun jobs to do list". You can't gain significant hp with plugs but they definitely run better esp at higher rpm.

thanks for the info lads i think with the higher service intervals alone that is enough to sway in the direction of Iridium plugs. i will try sparkplugs.co.uk i see on there website they do denso and ngk Iridium plugs so it is just a matter of choice.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links