Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Turning Circle

icedevil

My new yaris trend has a terrible turning circle compared to my last 11 plate yaris. What have toyota done? Anyone else not happy regarding this? Thanks!

• Like 1

Information on the turning circle doesn't seem to be very clear.

From the brochure (2009) the second generation Yaris had a turning circle of 9.4 metres (30 feet 10 inches).

From the brochure, the current Yaris has a 'turning radius - tyre' of 4.7 metres (15ft 5ins) or 5.6 metres (18ft 4ins) for the T-Spirit - which seems to be a different measurement to the turning circle.

Which?, in their review of the 2011-on Yaris quote a turning circle of 12.1 metres (39ft 8 ins)

I'll bet that middle one is the inside rear wheels :)

• Like 1

the SR and the Trend have the 16 inch wheels which the turning circles are a lot worse than the Mk3 Yaris'es on 15 inch wheels.

I keep on moaning how bad my SR is when it comes to get out of tight junctions and general parking etc etc. I had the TR version on 15 inch wheels for a day and the turning circle is much better. Even the Auris seems to have a better turning circle than my Yaris.

Well your not the only one that has noticed this , but i have learnt to live with it.

That's interesting, I didn't think the rim size would affect the turning circle, unless the tyres are thicker?

Think, as with some versions of the Prius, the larger wheels do limit the movement of the wheels when turning.

I recall looking at the Yaris hybrid that the turning circle of the Top spec was much less due to the larger wheels..

Thanks for all responses to my question.

You are probably right regarding the larger wheels affecting the turning circle.

Guess I will have to get used to it.

Cheers to all.

• 9 months later...

Ice Devil I have just joined to reply to your comment, I have recently bought a Yaris vvti-s and I am absolutely appauled at the turning circle, it is horrendous, it makes parking and reversing out of spaces a complete nightmare for me !. I also own a Toyota Starlet and that has the most awesome turning circle, I can whip in and out of the smallest spaces in that. I am very dissapointed and due to it I'm looking to change my Yaris for something else :(

Ju.

There is another post on this written recently. See my comments there.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links