Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where Is The Front Tow Eyelet?

mcbee

Hello,

I've been getting a winter kit ready for my iQ and have just bought a tow rope in case I ever need pulling out of a ditch.

This got me thinking - where is the front towing eyelet on an iQ? Had a quick look in the car park tonight and couldn't see it. Anyone else ever needed it and been able to find it?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Isn't it to the right of the front number plate - concealed behind a body coloured disc.

Yes, There is a little circle to the right (drivers in the UK) side of the number plate.

You need to pop out the plastic cover, not sure what you use for that actually then go looking under the rear seat where the jack is kept. You should have a screw in eye in the polystyrene thing holding the tool kit.

It's worth trying it now before you need it. When I took the bumper off to fit running lights last year I noticed the thread that it screws into was a bit corroded so I greased it and wound the eye in and out a few times to free it up.

Craig.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links