Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4 Unknown Modification

DAVEXT5

Hi all,

Me and the stepson where peeking under the bonnet of my 2.2 D-4D XT5 yesterday and on the back of the bonnet I noticed a sticker that said the car had been modified, the hand writing on the label was very faded but it looked like it said ECU and it looked like it was done in 2011.

It did look like a Toyota dealer label.

How can I find out what has been done - I could take a photo and post if anyone wants to see?

Thanks

It would have had an ECU update, your local Toyota dealer will be able to tell you any history about the car and work carried out in the Toyota network

Kingo :thumbsup:

It would have had an ECU update, your local Toyota dealer will be able to tell you any history about the car and work carried out in the Toyota network

@Kingo,

That's what I thought and the day I got it took it to my local dealer to see what service etc it needed and they put it on there system and he check if the car had any recall issues but didn't mention mods. It's booked in for a service next week at Toyota, do you think I should get them to check it?

Check what? If there are any outstanding service campaigns or recalls he should inform you

ECU re-flashes are done from time to time to resolve known issues, the label is just a visual way of seeing that a particular re-flash has been done, nothing to worry about, it is standard practice for all manufacturers

Check what? If there are any outstanding service campaigns or recalls he should inform you

ECU re-flashes are done from time to time to resolve known issues, the label is just a visual way of seeing that a particular re-flash has been done, nothing to worry about, it is standard practice for all manufacturers

@Kingo, he did tell me there wasn't any so that's fine.

Didn't know ECU re-flashing was standard practice so thanks for the info :drunk:

There are a few ways of doing work within the network, normal warranty work, and what Toyota call SSC's, Special Service Campaigns, not a recall but something they want doing on cars when they come in for service or repair, usually for a set period of mileage or time, say up to 100K or 5 years

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links