Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dashboard Lights

rushy45

Hi, I have a 2009 Auris, when daytime running my dials light up a amber colour, dim down when lights switched on.

I am in process off upgrading to a 2012 auris, (not the new model) I had a run in it today, the dials (speedo, Rev dial) have undergone quite a change, I noticed the dials don't light up at all except for the little windows in the dials, is this normal on the new models or have the bulbs failed, they lit up on faint when lights were put onbut nothing when lights off.

thanks for any info.. Mike

What size engine does the 2012 model have, and what trim level is it?

Hi, Its a 1.6, here is the ad.. Toyota Auris 1.6 V-Matic Colour Collection .

Its not a Toyota garage and salesman did not know what I meant, I am pretty sure it should light up and dim when you put lights on, I tried turning lights on and it lit up dim but turn lights off and no lights on instrument panel, don't want to buy it with a electrical problem, I know sometimes the dash has to come out to fix bulbs.

Seemed strange that the dim lights worked when the lights were switched on though, would have thought it was the same bulbs.

On the first generation, post facelift Auris, the 1.33 retained Toyota's Optitron instrumentation, and these are illuminated whenever the ignition is on.

The 1.4 diesel and the 1.6 petrol have analogue instrumentation, and as far as I'm aware, aren't illuminated in the same way as the Optitron instruments.

It may be worth checking what setting the variable instrument lighting is on.

The link to the advert doesn't work. Will the car come with a warranty from the selling dealer?

Sorry that was not a link just the heading of AD, here is description

Key facts

• Petrol
  • Hatchback
  • Manual
  • 16000 miles

GREY, Last serviced on 18/07/2013 at 9,015 miles, Full dealership history, bluetooth telephone connectivity, Cruise control, Rear view camera, 16" Dual 5 spoke high gloss alloy wheels, USB/aux input socket, Electric front windows, one-touch, anti-trap + key-off function, Electric rear windows, Radio/CD + MP3, Climate control air conditioning, Electric recline/slide front seats, Speed sensitive power steering, Tilt/telescopic adjustable steering wheel, Central double locking with remote activation, Electric folding door mirrors, Electrically adjustable wide angle door mirrors, Electrically heated door mirrors, Transponder

So from what I have read if its analogue.. it does not light up, it looked a little drab when driving, could have sworn I saw one a few weeks ago that had a real nice glow to it.

It won't have electric recline/slide seats.

Service intervals are every 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever comes first - so if it was last serviced 18/07/13 (intermediate service), it is due it's first full service.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links