Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2Zzge Rev Limit Sound Above 7000Rpm

Zaakir

Hi guys,

So, I'm new to this forum. I currently drive a toyota runx rsi 2zzge, I think its refered to a corolla tsport in your countries. The problem is that I here a faint 'whapping' like noise when I drive my car that seems to start only when I accelerate and gets progressively louder as the rpm increases. In addition, the car makes a rev limit like noise at rpm above 7000. It just sounds as though its limiting although the rpm still rises. I hope this is a clear description.Ive taken the car to a few mechanics who can't seem to find the fault. Not picking up any codes either.

Ok guys, I've had a good look under the hood today. I noticed the rear, bottom engine mounting looks abit worn out out. Could this be contributing to the unusual noise? Also how many mountings are there and where are they located?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links