Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tyre Pressure Warning System

scar

I have a 2014 Yaris with the TPWS fitted. I am considering fitting second hand alloys with winter tyres in a few months. I anticipate the this will throw up a warning on the dash.

Exactly what is required to make the new /used alloys register with the cars system? or can the TPWS be disabled/enabled easily.

My alternative is to have my dealer swap the tyres and store the summer ones.

Your advice and recommendations are welcomed.

Steve

As the TPWS has only been fitted across the Yaris range since the mid-life facelift, in advance of tyre pressure monitoring systems becoming mandatory for all new cars sold in the UK from November 2014, I would imagine that few owners have actually changed or considered changing their wheels as yet.

So far as I see it you have 4 options:

* Fit winter wheels & tyres without TPMS sensors and put up with the warning light being on.

* Have the current valves switched on to your winter wheels, you will need a seal kit for each valve each time it is swapped, but this could be done by any competent tyre shop as no coding of the valves would be required.

* Have four new valves fitted to your winter wheels, then get Toyota to code them in, the coding would have to be carried out each time you swap form summer to winter rims.

* Keep your normal wheels and have the tyres swapped when required

At my dealership we tend to recommend the two latter options, yes there is a higher initial outlay for option 3 but so long as the customer continues to use us for servicing/repairs we carry out the swapping and recoding free of charge each time, having separate sets of valves also reduces the risk of damaging them or needing new seals at every swap and makes swapping much quicker.

Thanks Devon Aygo and Frosty balls, that's a excellent responce, I have a few option open to me now, perhaps my wallet will decide on my ultimate choice but at least I have options.

thanks for the input, Steve

Also you might invalidate your warrenty

Another option is to just run winter tyres all year, which is being recommended by some companies if you don't want to have two sets of tyres. (As I understand it the gain of grip in winter is greater than the loss in summer).

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know the Toyota Part Number for the Yaris TPMS valves?

Does anyone know the Toyota Part Number for the Yaris TPMS valves?

Sensor 42607-02031 one per wheel

Thanks very much. Trying to source a set at a reasonable price for my new winter wheels...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links