Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2014 Auris Icon+ Amber Flat Tyre Warning On Frosty Morning?

redadair

Hi all,

As above - has anyone else experienced similar issues? I was about to take a picture (of the speedo where the warning light was) but when I got to work after a 40 min commute it seemed to disappear before I parked up.

So at all speed 30-40mph, 50-70mph on motorway, I see this glaring Amber exclamation mark in brackets with a wavy line at the bottom - sorry for the childish description!

The car is just shy of 3 months old and 1.3K miles on the clock. It hasn't happened since.

Is this normal behaviour for -1 frosty weather? Does the air escape form the tyres or condense a bit?? Cheers! Red.

There is no reason why air should be lost when it gets colder unless there is a bad seal between the tyre and rim. As the weather cools so does the air in the tyres so in winter months you will likely need to put more air in. Check all tyre pressures are correct when they are cold and if it happens again check them again when cold to see if there is a drop, if not then get it back to the dealer to sort out.

The tyre pressure warning light is similar to this:

Tire_Pressure_Amber.jpg

According to the owner's manual -

"The tire pressure warning light may come on due to natural causes (vehicles with a tire pressure warning system). The tire pressure warning light may come on due to natural causes such as
natural air leaks and tire inflation pressure changes caused by temperature. In this case, adjusting the tire inflation pressure will turn off the warning light (after a few minutes)."
So it may have been something to do with the temperature.
Again, taken from the owner's manual -
In the following cases, the tire pressure warning system may not operate properly.
• If non-genuine Toyota wheels are used.
• A tire has been replaced with a tire that is not an OE (Original Equipment) tire.
• A tire has been replaced with a tire that is not of the specified size.
• Tire chains etc. are equipped.
• Lock nuts are equipped.
• An auxiliary-supported run-flat tire is equipped.
• If a window tint that affects the radio wave signals is installed.
• If there is a lot of snow or ice on the vehicle, particularly around the wheels or wheel housings.
• If the tire inflation pressure is extremely higher than the specified level.
• If tires not equipped with tire pressure warning valves and transmitters are used.
• If the ID code on the tire pressure warning valves and transmitters is not registered in the tire pressure warning computer.
Performance may be affected in the following situations.
• Near a TV tower, electric power plant, gas station, radio station, large display, airport or other facility that generates strong radio waves or electrical noise.
• When carrying a portable radio, cellular phone, cordless phone or other wireless communication device.

Thanks both, yeah that is the symbol :) I like the use of the American spelling ie tire instead of tyre!

I've had several cars from new now and never once encountered such a problem in cooler or freezing weather. I hope it's a one off.

It would be handy to know which tyre is causing an issue, the toyota system is quite basic. VW Passat for instance told you which specific tyre had a warning.

I really don't fancy fumbling around all 4 corners in a dark cold winter morning. Besides, if I went to the dealer he would just fob me off and say you've done this or that to it after 1K+ miles, no?

Cheers, Red.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links