Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2014 Internal Switch Lighting

redadair

Hi all,

The R/L switch and the power button to close / open the folding mirrors in my car do not light up. As a result, I constantly fumble around in the dark to fix my mirrors (after the wife uses it).

I have the same issue with the locking button and the elec window controls on the drivers door.

Should they light up? Do I have a fault?

This is a www pic of what I am talking about. I'll need to get a pic of my car to explain what I mean.

Edit file attached

post-143428-0-97052700-1418382446.jpg

I know what you mean if you have a first gen Auris then they do not light up unfortunately ... Bit of a design flaw

Thanks smudge, a design flaw indeed. But with having a 64 plate "new shape" I take it I have 2nd gen (or higher)?

Those switches

Hi all,

The R/L switch and the power button to close / open the folding mirrors in my car do not light up. As a result, I constantly fumble around in the dark to fix my mirrors (after the wife uses it).

I have the same issue with the locking button and the elec window controls on the drivers door.

Should they light up? Do I have a fault?

This is a www pic of what I am talking about. I'll need to get a pic of my car to explain what I mean.

Edit file attached

These switches are not illuminated, so your car is not faulty

• Like 1

Ye you have a second gen as such I'm sure there was a thread on the forum less than a week ago on exactly the same topic

Thanks Devon and Smudge, Well that is !Removed! stupid fault innit!? lol :)

I know of many cheaper car brands that manage to illuminate all switches. But that is another discussion.

I missed the other thread - apologies for the duplicate thread. Cheers all! Red!

They light up on my car!

They light up on my car!

Preposterous! Lunn Polly! Is it because you have the Exel trim perhaps? Damn that is annoying! Red!

I used to have a MkI Auris and the switch did not have a light, as you say very annoying.

It seems a little bit 'penny pinching' to have switch lights on only some models, give the dealer a ring to make sure only the Excel has this 'feature'?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links