Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Heater Problems

jimmy bannon

hi im new to the site and wanted some advice about my celica.its blowing out cold air in the cabin most of the time.i changed the stat and its still the same.engine is not overheating or loosing fluid.any help would be great...

Hi and welcome to the club Jimmy.

Many people seem to be having this problem and have asked advice through the club so if you go to the top of the page where it says "search" and put something like heater not working you will find all the answers that have been posted.

Basically most heater systems are the same, two hoses go through the bulkhead usually one on top of the other.

With the engine warm, but not running, carefully feel if one is hotter than the other with the heater set to hot.

If this is the case it means that something is stopping the water flowing through the heater rad.

This can be something simple like a loose operating cable on the temp setting slide. There a other things too but you find all of them are covered but do not hesitate to ask any other questions as they are friendly and helpful gang on here

Let us all know what you find as it may help others

Anyway Jimmy again welcome to this great club

Del

• 2 weeks later...

Has it been bled properly? Has the heater ever worked?

• 1 month later...

Yes. On the firewall you can see the two pipes and slider. Check the slider moves when you turn the heater on. I had a similar problem and believe it was caused my my heat exchange unit having sludge. You cant see this as its way behind your dash and behind the two pipes on the firewall. Disconnect these two pipes, they will take some levering as they will be well stuck on with age. Poke and hold a good flow garden hose into one pipe then the other. Look to see if a brown sludge comes out. This will work better if you run a cooling system cleaner first with the heater on and then let it sit overnight

If this doesn't work you may need a new exchange unit which is expensive to replace and not worth it probably

.?..are you absolutely sure you aren't losing coolant.?...have you had to top up the coolant at all recently.?

Neil

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links