Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Bloke In The Dark

iqWookie

Hello Everyone,

New iQ2 owner here, bought in Nov 2014, now the shortest day is approaching I'm finding out about the inadequacies of the interior light! I've read on the forum about a mod involving led's in the front footwells and rear headlining to give more light to the rear seats/boot but can't seem to find it now. Is anyone able to shine a light on this for me?!

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Hello Ian and welcome to the forum.

This topic http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/129716-boot-light/?hl=%20boot%20%20light might shed some light on the subject (sorry about the pun). My solution came on page 4 post #32. Hope that answers your questions, Tarqin is the man for this ;)

• Like 1

can you fit any interior light of another car as long its 12v. there also some on eBay doing a search (car interior lights) lots of led ones.

It seems that I am very much in the minority when I say that the interior light is more than adequate. It illuminates the cup holder and ( as far as I can remember) swivels to allow it to point at anything else you need to light up..... so I've honestly never had a problem and we live somewhere very very dark! have a small LED lamp in the "boot" which solves that problem due to lack of illumination ... and small LED torch in the side pocket should anything fall into the inky blackness of the foot well! ..... total solution less than a tenner :-)

I have changed the interior lighting a bit on my car and detailed what I did on this page. Brighter main light and footwell lights.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/134890-an-iq-called-toya/page-3

I haven't yet done the rear light but may have a bash one day when I find a suitable light fitting to put in the head lining and yes, any 12v light fitting should work okay but be aware of connecting too many to the same supply as you could blow the fuse. LED's are pretty low demand though so they should be okay.

Craig.

Thanks for all the replies, really appreciate it and lots of food for thought. I favor the improved existing ceiling light option coupled with two led's overhead each rear seat to provide illumination to the boot area when the seats are folded and the seat area if and when the nearside seat is ever in use. Thanks one and all I'll leave it now till after Christmas, have a good one everybody and thanks once again,

Ian

These are the LEDs in my iQ, expertly fitted by David ("tarquin" here). A neat job and it makes a huge difference when using the boot, particularly at night.

post-141159-141953919555_thumb.jpg

Chris

2012 iQ² with red leather upholstery ☆ upgraded interior lighting ☆ white backlit dashboard/switches ☆ auto-folding mirrors ☆ smart entry ☆ auto-locking doors ☆ chrome exhaust ☆

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links