Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla D4D Power Loss

jamdodge15

So my corolla had been laid up for a year after an accident. Had bodywork etc sorted. Put some fresh diesel into the car gave it a full service oil air fuel filter fresh oil and gave the egr valve a clean. The car was loosing power at the low end of turbo between 2000 and maybe 2800-3000 revs. Second gear is payhetic and 3rd not much better. After this point in the higher revs the turbo kicks in and seems to run fine... i took out the mass air flow sensor and gave it a clean with maf spray. This has had no affect at all it seems. Now i dont know if i should tackle SCV/injectors/turbo. Ive spent a few quid getting it back on the road so dont really want to throw the towel in at this point. So can anyone tell me how to test my scv valve. Now i have looked at a few videos on youtube and have seen the denso red and green scv's but my scv seems to be one a single cylindrical large one at the top outside out the pump.

If anyone can shed any light on this please help. Ive read the previous threads but i need to know how to test the scv and maybe what way u guys wud work ur way throught things to see what is going on.

Many thanks frustrated d4d owner

One other easy thing that might be worth checking is the throttle body that connects to the EGR and the turbo/intercooler - For us 1.4D4D Yaris owners it's quite common for it to get blocked up which results in unstable idle speeds and a loss of power below the turbo threshold.

Luckily it's fairly easy to clean with a socket set and the magical power of carb cleaner :D

There are some guides on here somewhere but I can't be ubikd to search for them right now :P

Thats worth a shot and sounds cheap too. Is it on the 2.0 d4d's

is this your engine?

gallery_86471_1081_64001.jpg

if yes part number 26100f bottom right is the throttle body
173734B.png

• Like 1

Yes that is my engine thanks v much. Can u tell me if that cylindrical but u can see on fuel pump is the suction control valve. Most have red and green plugs however i dont seem to have that particular pump

Looks like its just one. ring Toyota parts and ask them if there is one or two as I cannot find the part. I know the newer d-4d have one valve,

221467C.png

Aye that defo looks like my pump. Doesnt give the number for that valve must be becos it a denso part

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links