Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How Do You Drive Your Aygo?

The-Pacman

Well some do get used in races, the Toyota Sprint Series for instance.

We have (Had?) a few people here who raced their Yarisusesisases and Aygos in the TSS. Did pretty well too!

One of them even races a Yaris Hybrid now! :lol:

One thing to remember is Toyota is a Japanese company, and like most japanese motor companies their engines are designed to be revved.

It won't do anything for your fuel economy, but when you need the extra power, don't be afraid to hold onto the gears. The VVTi system doesn't even start to work until the engine hits 6000RPM in most of their VVTi-equipped cars!

That 3-cylinder 1.0 is incredibly well balanced too; I couldn't believe how smooth it was in the mid-high RPM area when I first drove one; My previous experiences with 3-pot engines was a lot worse...!

• Like 1

well that's one way to burn the clutch out as well as wearing down the back pads and the tyres :ermm:

That is sad to see the little Aygo being abused yet 100mph is 3rd is rather impressive :)

• Like 1

what a total knob anyone can drive like an idiot and keep accelerating,who does he think he is???

people like him should be banned from the road forever as he shows no regard for any other road user,

the aygo weighs nothing if a gust of wind caught the car on the side god knows what the outcome

would be probably someone else would pay the price and he would still be alive(lifes unfair)

I would say very few people push their Aygos like that, and not for very long before either the clutch gives out or they gain engine problems due to over-revving the engine.

Toyota's recommended maximim speeds in 2nd and 3rd are 59mph and 86mph.

Plus also driving like this on public roads is just asking for trouble .....

what a total knob anyone can drive like an idiot and keep accelerating,who does he think he is???

people like him should be banned from the road forever as he shows no regard for any other road user,

the aygo weighs nothing if a gust of wind caught the car on the side god knows what the outcome

would be probably someone else would pay the price and he would still be alive(lifes unfair)

Have to agree with you 100% .

I would say very few people push their Aygos like that, and not for very long before either the clutch gives out or they gain engine problems due to over-revving the engine.

Toyota's recommended maximim speeds in 2nd and 3rd are 59mph and 86mph.

Plus also driving like this on public roads is just asking for trouble .....

but unfortunately you will get the odd moron who thinks its cool to drive like this, faster = better driver NOT

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links