Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leaving Toyota

johnhrh

Hi, I've had my Toyota Aygo Platinum for 5 1/2 years now and was considering the new model but changed my mind, I take delivery of my new Hyundai i10 premium on Monday 16th.

I've had a few problems along the way with the aygo but my Toyota Dealer has been great and I have enjoyed driving the car.

Happy motoring to all the members

regards

John

Best wishes John with your new Hyundai.

We've driven one of the new i10's whilst our i20 has had warranty work done (nothing mechanical - replacement of the bodyside mouldings), and they are a nice drive.

Enjoy your new car, Hyundai's will surely prove much more reliable than Toyota's and I can assure you that!

Enjoy your new car, Hyundai's will surely prove much more reliable than Toyota's and I can assure you that!

Well, we have owned a 2012 Hyundai i20 from new - it will be three years old at the end of April. We're perfectly happy with the car and it hasn't let us down. At approx 15,500 miles, it is having the clutch changed on the 25th for a modified clutch under warranty.

Whereas our last three Toyota's, which again we've owned from new, have had the following warranty repairs:

2006 Toyota Corolla - replacement tailgate struts at 2.5 years old

2009 Toyota Auris - replacement passenger side cup holder at 2 years old

2012 Toyota Auris - replacement tailgate struts at 2.25 years old.

Of the 17 new cars we've had, this is the first we have had a clutch problem with. The last time we had a clutch changed was in 1991 on a used car we bought as a second car - and the wear on that clutch was probably due to the previous owner.

So whilst I don't doubt the Hyundai will be as reliable as a Toyota, given our experience, I wouldn't say it will be more reliable than a Toyota.

We are considering one of the new i20's as a replacement for our current i20.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links