Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2001 Changing My Engine Question

iminthedark

My car is completely out of hand from the oil burning issue and now I want to change the engine with a new engine thats'a vailable on eBay, an engine that it says can fit all celicas from 2000-2005, and apparently curest he oil burning problem. My installer wants me to find out if there are any sensors that would need to be added or changed.

Can anyone tell me this?

Hello - welcome to Toyota Owners Club

Might be a help to know exactly which model Celica you have ........

Oh crud, sorry.

Its a 2001 GT with the 1zzfe engine.

The engine replacing it is a 1zzfe, the webpage says it will fit a 2000-2005 celica gt, also 2000-2008 corolla, 2000-2005 MR 2, 2003-2008 matrix base and xr 2wd,2003 vibe 2wd and awd,and 2000-2002 Prizm.

One of the things the page says is that this was an engine built a few months ago "with all the updates" (including piston update).

... ALL 1zz engines can suffer oil burning...even post facelift ones, particularly if the oil changes haven't been done as they should (every 5/6k miles is best)....but at least the facelift ones are perhaps much less likely to be affected.

It's always wise to keep an eye on the dipstick with a 1zz engine.

My 2003 has 86k on the clock now and, thus far, doesn't burn any oil...but the oil/filter is changed every 4/5k miles..so far so good.!

Don't know which supplier you are thinking of using...but do your homework and research.!..it's a big investment.

I think it should be a fairly straightforward swap.

Neil

Hi I had 1ZZfe engine with oil burning problem. Change your piston rings and it will be fine, part is £60 euro car parts. Changing engine is too expensive. However if you dont change piston rings quickly then if the engine overheats then it is finished, which is what happen to mine.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links