Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Engine Management, Vsc, Trc Lights

yasir

Hi,

I have a toyota avensis 2005 d4d. I bought it a couple of months ago. It had some suspension problems that i got sorted. After I got the car from mechanic it had engine management, vsc and trc lights come on. I took it back to the mechanic and he said these lights were already on and have nothing to do with suspension. He also said you can keep driving and they won't cause any problem.

Last month I got the tyres changed and the lights went off themselves and came back on next day.

Can anyone please advise what this might be and how much it costs to get them fixed.

Thanks

I would clean the egr valve first - which will take 10-20 minutes to do and its easy. I had the lights come on and after cleaning and a very quick spin every thing was back to normal.

Its quite common for the egr valve to get blocked.

• Like 1

I had them 3 lights come on my car about 2 years ago. When I got them read it turned out to be glow plugs that were faulty. Could be many things. To look in the right direction you need to get the codes read.

• Like 1

I had the same problem on my car, it turned out to be the yaw sensor, but like the other guys said get the codes checked first.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links