Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Is This Socket Under Near The Clutch Pedal

Konrad C

Whilst doing my audio upgrade, I noticed a couple of sockets near the foot rest close to the clutch. One was vacant.

post-76861-0-91590200-1442524356_thumb.jpost-76861-0-52344400-1442524371_thumb.j

I wonder what it is for?

Hi Konrad, this will be where you plug in a tester or diagnostic machine to give you any codes that will point you to any faults that MAY have developed or happened in the past that may have been rectified but the code not erased.

There are OBD readers that can be bought on the net for about a tenner or so that many owners have bought to check any codes that show if a dashboard light comes up to indicate any faults

Del

It's not the OBD socket, it's under the dash at your right knee.

• Like 1

Sorry Derek, Alan is correct about the OBD socket and it has always been near the right knee.

I wonder if the guys of the upper specs of the T27 - T4 and T-Spirit would know. They have more kit than my TR.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links