Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Power

Warrior1884

Hi, new to the forum but been reading a lot on the EGR issues.

I have the 2.0 d4d 2003 engine, I cleaned the EGR valve two days ago as the car was not pulling till after 2000rpm. The car drove brilliantly after this until the return trip from Glasgow yesterday, on the way back there was a strange noise under load or revving like it was a bit of metal rattling around in the the area of the EGR valve. The car also had no power and struggled to get by 2200rpm. Going up hills was a nightmare I had to keep dropping gears to keep the car moving.

When I eventually got home the car was ticking over perfect with no noise, I decided to see if anything was loose but when I tried to restart the car it took ages to start then it burst into life. I gave it a wee rev and then noticed the black smoke out the back. The top hole on the EGR was nearly blocked up and so was the top hole on the manifold where the EGR goes.

I have a new fuel filter and air filter to fit along with checking the EGR valve again as these have been mentioned in previous posts about EGR valves.

Just really looking for advice or to see if someone else has had similar problems and found out a fix?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...

I finally got round to having a go at fixing the car.

The black smoke out the car was from oil from the engine somehow being sucked into the air intake, I had recently just topped it up with 5/30 fully synthetic so not sure if this was the wrong oil and this was the fault. The engine oil breather that attaches just before the turbo was full of oil. 

After the black smoke stopped it turned to white smoke, there was lots of it was so bad I couldn't see behind me.

I decided to change some parts:

• Fuel filter - This looked really old and was really dirty inside.
  • Air Filter - This was really dirty (cleaned MAF too)
  • Glow Plugs - The tips of these were covered in soot. 

After installing these parts there was no smoke out the exhaust so hopefully the issue has been resolved but as I've yet to carry out an oil and filter change I didn't want to risk driving the car until this was done in case the car sucked the rest of the oil out the engine under load. 

Has anyone had this type of issue with the 2.0 D4D engine before?

Thanks 

I give up, oil coming out the exhaust now... Dripping out!

Has anyone had this problem? 

Don't give up. I think it's your turbo. I think it's all coked up. I ll try and post a link but the reply to this topic message area isn't working for some reason. Or even search for turbo diesel oiling exhaust it explains quite clearly on turbo-mopar. Com about this and there is a very nice guide making it look easy to fix.

Don't lose hope mate.

Regards

Waqar

Sent from my Xperia SP using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links