Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Verso 2015 Trend - tyre pressure light

Elikaye77

Hi, I hope I can get some help.

I bought a 2015 (15 plate) Verso Trend a couple of weeks ago and the tyre pressure light stays on when the weather is cold. I've been back to the garage who checked the tyres and confirmed that all was well and that it is just because the car is cold.

The advice from the garage is to press the reset - but at what point should I do this? How long is it acceptable for the car to be considered cold enough to need the light on? Do I need to pull over whilst driving to reset it? Is there any point resetting it when I get to work and the car is then parked for 7hrs?

The latest response to it being on today for over 35 minutes:

"And as you've discovered, the light comes on in the mornings as the weather is cold. If it stays on until you have reached your workplace, it seems to just be the temperature of the weather."

Is this normal with Toyota? I've never owned one before, but my last car never had this.

Thank you in advance for any help and advice.

The dealer is correct that the system needs resetting but is missing some info, the sensors are very sensitive to pressure drops and yes cold wheels/tyres will have a reduced pressure which may cause the warning light to come on.

To correctly set the pressures and prevent the warning light :

Inflate/deflate the tyres to 2 psi below the official figures ( see owners manual or sticker in glovebox/door shut )

Press and hold the TPMS reset button until the light comes on a flashes ( this sets the target pressure ) 

Restart the car

Inflate the tyres by 2 psi to the correct pressures.

Now unless the temperature drops massively the light should stay off and only illuminate to warn of a genuine pressure loss.

• 10 months later...

Hi Elikaye,

Did you get your TPMS problem sorted out?

I have had an intermittent initiation of the warning light ever since I bought my 64 plate Verso in May 2015.

My local main dealer has tried to fix the problem 3 times but it is still the same.

They recently tried again and said one of the sensors was damaged; they wanted £174 to change it so I declined.

The light was on this morning so I called in to a local tyre dealer who checked and adjusted all the pressures and with an electronic gismo verified that all the sensors were transmitting the correct pressure.

Would appreciate any comments

Hi guys. 

I Brought  my 2016 Verso few months ago and touch wood . My tryes pressure warning lights not came on yet even with those very cold weather. Maybe the dealers put more then enough air pressure in before handed the car over to me ? No idea!

but dejjones. If your car is 2014 , shouldn't it still under the five years warranties and why did the dealers asked you for the money to have your sensor change? 

I assumed u didn't changed any tryes and damage the sensor yourself then it's should be under Toyota warranties to get it fixed . 

Hi Elikaye,

Did you get your TPMS problem sorted out?

I have had an intermittent initiation of the warning light ever since I bought my 64 plate Verso in May 2015.

My local main dealer has tried to fix the problem 3 times but it is still the same.

They recently tried again and said one of the sensors was damaged; they wanted £174 to change it so I declined.

The light was on this morning so I called in to a local tyre dealer who checked and adjusted all the pressures and with an electronic gismo verified that all the sensors were transmitting the correct pressure.

Would appreciate any comments

Hi

This is my 1st Toyota and the main reason for going Toyota after several Nissans and Fords was the 5 year warranty.

But as I've found with all main dealers, warranties leave a lot to be desired. A "faulty" TPMS sensor would have been covered, but not a "damaged" one.

As I said in previous post I'm not even convinced the problem is the sensor.

As for the ludicrous cost (£174) to remove the tyre remove & replace valve, refit and pump up.

By comparison I recently bought 2 tyres for this car from a local tyre dealer; that's remove 2 old tyres replace with new ones, balance the wheels, pump up, refit and dispose of the old tyres, for £118

I am currently trying to find someone that will replace a TPMS valve for a reasonable price.

3 hours ago, dejjones said:

Hi

This is my 1st Toyota and the main reason for going Toyota after several Nissans and Fords was the 5 year warranty.

Toyota probably are the best of the volume manufacturers in terms of standing behind their warranty

But as I've found with all main dealers, warranties leave a lot to be desired. A "faulty" TPMS sensor would have been covered, but not a "damaged" one.

Personally, I think that is fair - otherwise, taking it to extremes, you could run your car into a wall & ask for it to be repaired under warranty. There is always going to be a bit of grey as to where they overlap. If there is no obvious physical damage you can always try another dealer & see if they are more sympathetic.

As I said in previous post I'm not even convinced the problem is the sensor.

As for the ludicrous cost (£174) to remove the tyre remove & replace valve, refit and pump up.

By comparison I recently bought 2 tyres for this car from a local tyre dealer; that's remove 2 old tyres replace with new ones, balance the wheels, pump up, refit and dispose of the old tyres, for £118

I am currently trying to find someone that will replace a TPMS valve for a reasonable price.

It's the price of the valve - even a 3rd party one will cost £100+

Hi 

try calling more different main dealers for the sensors prices as each of them got different price tags !!

coz you know my Verso don't came with the spare tryes, I phoned up five different main dealers and the price range from £135 - £190!! 

Off course then I went for the £135 for my spare saver kit . 

You never know if u don't try other main dealers, also as u mention the warranties dose not cover everything which I know such as wear n tear etc. But your car only 2 years old can't see why the sensors not part of the warranty. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links