Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Con leak or worse?

ABToyota

So I have had my Auris for a year now and it was ReGassed 01/05/2015 prior to me buying the car - I have the PDF invoice - the following was done.

To check vehicles air conditioning. Found some gas present in system. Removed and found it to be only 50 grams, Pressure checked system using O.F.N and found no leaks at time of test. System was then vacuumed down for 30 mins and filled with the correct amount of refrigerant and oil. Ran system up and checked all was OK.

I was using the AC again and its not blowing cold air, so does this mean I have a leak? If so then should I regas at say ATS who are running an offer at the moment or do I need to go see an expert? Anyone know any in the Huddersfield/ Halifax and surrounding areas?

Have you used the air con regularly since it was regassed ? It should really be left on all the time to ensure seals and O rings are continually lubricated and so remain gas tight. 50grams remaining is a minimal amount. I would guess that fully charged the system probably holds somewhere in the region of around 350 to 400 grams and so it does sound a little bit as though there could  be a leak somewhere. Its common practice to automatically add fluorescent tracer dye to the refrigerant in the event that there is a problem and so make tracing a leak easier. The dye shows up under a UV light.  

Somewhere like ATS should be fine. Regassing is a relatively straightforward procedure and companies like ATS have been doing it for years.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

I dont think the AC was on often, my wife drives the car and leaves me to sort out the issues lol.

I will get it regassed and report back. 

So just leave AC on - will remember to do that.

• 2 weeks later...

ATS did a regas and clean for £32 via a Groupon Voucher. Seems to be running cold as ice. have left the AC on lets see how this goes. The guy said that if you find a leak and get it repaired we would regas it again for free - didn't ask him for the timescale involved. 

So before when the AC was on the revs climbed about 400 and there was a low hum/whining noise. Now there is no noise and the revs are not going up much if at all.

There should 450g on the Auris ac system when full. Had mine serviced last week, there was 340g on the system. Last time it was serviced was on autumn 2014.

That's great news, pleased  to hear that you managed to get it sorted for little outlay. Remember to leave it on all the time if possible.

• 10 months later...

I have a Auris since 05.sep.2016 and now when temp. is going up my A/C is not working (in 5mc old car !!!), so annoying !

there is no noice of turning ON compressor and is blowing hot air (warmer then normal flow air is)

Again ... 3 trip to service for repair in last 5m-c ... Super Toyota !

Air con needs to be used throughout the year - in the winter preferably at least once a week. Otherwise the seals can dry out and the gas leaks. 

This applies to any vehicle manufacturer.

In the winter, air con when used in conjunction with the heater makes for more efficient demisting.

• Like 1

you are talking to me like this is my first car ... this car is not even half year old yet !

Whether it is your first car or not - what I've stated is fact. It is surprising how many 'experienced' owners don't use their air con to the full advantage. How are other members supposed to know whether you've had one car or thirty.

If you didn't want people to reply, then why post.

the post shows potential buyers how good Toyota is !!!

you suggestion is silly as a reason for not working A/C in 5mc old car  

If the air conditioning hasn't been used for several months, even in a 5 month old car, it can still result in problems.

As you've had the car since 5th Sept and we're now past 5th April, it seems you've had the car 7 months, rather than 5 according to the Gregorian calendar. Or perhaps your calendar is different to anyone else's.

However, if you're not willing to consider that, then that is your choice - however silly your choice is.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links