Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buzz sound behind Glove box at 1700-2000 rpm

Baxter01

when slow accelerating when i reach around 1700 rpm there is a buzzing which sounds like it is coming from behind the glove box, Buzz disappears once rpm goes over 2000, so audible between 1700 and 2000 rpm.

sound not there in 1st or 2nd gear, maybe due to rpm quickly going over 2000 rpm in 1st and 2nd.  Buzzing loudest in 4th and 5th gear when accelerating, comes on at 1700 rpm and stops after 2000 rpm.

when I test drove the car, i heard a buzzing, told the dealership that it was from the dash.  Yesterday morning they said their mastertech couldn't find anything that would cause a buzzing and that he didnt hear it when they test drove it.  I only told them about the buzzing, not that it was audible between 1700-2000 rpm as I only realised that last night when trying to get the car to reproduce the sound.  They said heat shield had a bit of rust so they replaced it, so noise deffo was not caused by the heat shield.

A lot of other car forums mention the cause of such buzzing between certain rpm being things like wires vibrating and lose brackets.

anyone had something similar and fixed it?

cheers

i havent had this issue but i would say remove your glovebox and have a feel around

see if you can feel anything loose or anything that may touch another part

you can generally unclip the glovebox by letting the glovebox open untill it stops

then squeeze the sides inward to release the stops and lower the lid.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links