Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 1.4 D4D - how do i dismount that EGR ?

kuzzl

Hi all,

I own a Toyota Auris 1.4 D4D from 2009. I bought this car from my dad because he bought himself the new Toyota Corolla Sedan.
My dad had this car for 6 years. Has only done short distances.

Now i get to know the car a bit better. it seems the car lacks some power in low rpm. Especially between 1700 - 2200.
Thats why i want to clean my EGR. 

I've searched a lot on this forum, even on others and watched a lot of youtube video's.
But can't find more info on how to dismount my EGR. (found a lot for the t180 and sr180)
The problem is that i cannot reach the bolts. I added a picture and marked it with a green oval.

Is here anyone that can explain in big steps what to dismount/loose to be able to get to the EGR ?

Big Thanks !

auris engine.jpg

have you tried using a uni joint to access the bolts? The EGR on the 1.4 is vastly different to the one on the 2.0 and 2.2. Only way of getting that valve off looks to be to remove the whole thing. 

I think the valve is the one  circled in red. The one which is circled in green, is cooler that cools the exhaust gasses. In this thread is good info about removing the valve.

• 7 months later...

I have a egr problem on my auris 2011 1.4 d4d.I cleaned it but stil the warning light it s on...

the diagnostc shows P2463 code which is egr valve.I ve change it with a used one

(the new is too expensive) and still nothing.The problem is still there.

Anyone know something that can help me with that?

PANT, I read on another topic that one of the electrical connection pins got damaged when they were removing EGR. This was giving them the fault until pin is repaired if that's possible. Maybe re-solder it if that's the case. Good luck.

On 10/02/2017 at 3:40 PM, pant said:

I have a egr problem on my auris 2011 1.4 d4d.I cleaned it but stil the warning light it s on...

the diagnostc shows P2463 code which is egr valve.I ve change it with a used one

(the new is too expensive) and still nothing.The problem is still there.

Anyone know something that can help me with that?

Post edited so it can be read - looked like it had been cut and pasted and was overlapping the forum format. Much easier to type directly onto the forum.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links