Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2012 avensis electric park brake problem

jimmyfixit

Had the car back for about a week, waited to test the car befor updating again.

All my issues have finaly been resolved, it did end up costing me a bit of money and the car going to local toyota dealer.

In my case the final issue came down to the valvamatic controller assembly (PNC222A0 in image provided by Konrad)

I did find this part for sale on eBay for a new part it was going to cost £995 at the time, today the same part was available new on eBay for £844.95.

I also found scrap yards for the part but they could not assure the millage and they ranged from £400 - £755.

I paid £1300 in total for the job, thats includes collecting, diagnostics, replacing the part and return of car.  its more than the part and self installing but buy this time I just needed the car to be fixed and I was not 100% sure which part of the car was the issue.

anyhow now its all fixed, I am a happy driver of my Toyota Avensis and I even got the old part back from Toyota so I will be having a disasemble and look at it see what went wrong and if it fixable.

Thank you to all who post here it realy does help people and a big thank you to Konrad for the time and effort you have provided.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, khanm78 said:

Had the car back for about a week, waited to test the car befor updating again.

All my issues have finaly been resolved, it did end up costing me a bit of money and the car going to local toyota dealer.

In my case the final issue came down to the valvamatic controller assembly (PNC222A0 in image provided by Konrad)

I did find this part for sale on ebay for a new part it was going to cost £995 at the time, today the same part was available new on ebay for £844.95.

I also found scrap yards for the part but they could not assure the millage and they ranged from £400 - £755.

I paid £1300 in total for the job, thats includes collecting, diagnostics, replacing the part and return of car.  its more than the part and self installing but buy this time I just needed the car to be fixed and I was not 100% sure which part of the car was the issue.

anyhow now its all fixed, I am a happy driver of my Toyota Avensis and I even got the old part back from Toyota so I will be having a disasemble and look at it see what went wrong and if it fixable.

Thank you to all who post here it realy does help people and a big thank you to Konrad for the time and effort you have provided.

Sorry you have to have such an expensive repair done. I own one of the earliest cars with the Valvematic engine since 2015, and have made sure the oil is changed at regular intervals. I don't know if the oil change helps, but I do anything to limit any failures. When you do a teardown of your old controller, it will be interesting to know how it failed. 
Unfortunately a lot of other manufacturers are using more complicated engineering, to meet emissions and power requirements.
I look forward to your findings Mohammed.  

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys.Any suggestions for the EPB hack on 2011 D4D Avensis,without auto engage.I tried the OBD port bridge,but  I still have the brake warning message.

I had this problem once before,and was able to get rid of the warning by disconnecting the Battery.This time it is caused by trying a Launch scanner,which was guaranteed to do the EPB function before I bought it.CRAP .That was the 3rd scanner I have bought and tried to have if needed in the future.They were Foxwell 415 and Vident.Although they didn't work,they did no damage.The Launch,would only apply the EPG,wouldn't release it and has knackered the auto release.Is there a tool that works,or are they more trouble than they are worth

I use only Techstream now, all the other stuff, at least in my price bracket, is inferior. You can find the adaptor ata reasonable price on flea bay, just don't try to flash the ECU with it! Regards Ian

When I had my issue due to a poorly connected cable after a clutch replacement, this is how it was fixed in my case - 

Diagnostic is only part of the fix. A bit of physical get your hands dirty may be required.

Thanks for that.I only had my problem after I tried out a Launch scanner I had bought.

I plugged in my old Autoaid scanner and it showed 2 faults(launch showed none)

5346 clutch pedal sensor,5336 yaw rate/longditudinalaccelerationsensor,calibration not performed.

• 1 year later...

Hi there. 
I just had my Avensis 2012 rear brake discs and pads changed and than I have warning light on with message saying , Check parking brake system. Hand brake is not working automatically but work with the push button fine. 
can you please guide me what should I do.

Hi. 

Have you tried this: turn ignition on and push and hold the parking brake switch for 5 seconds or more?

The epb system should now be calibrated and back in auto mode...

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone! 
I have a Toyota Avensis 2012, 2.2 , 130kw. I have a problem with parking brake actuator. For my serial number the fitting parts (by manufacturer) are 46300-05030 or 46300-05031, but I can only find used one with the serial number 46300-05032. Will this one fit? What is the difference? There are new, but wayyy tooo expensive at the local toyota dealer! Thx

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links