Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Does my Yaris hybrid have to serviced at a dealer

Jackie12

I have a 64 reg Yaris Hybrid due for its second service. Do I have to have it serviced at a Toyota dealer? How does this effect the warranty? Advice please?

Hello Jackie - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

I've given an answer that applies to any manufacturer, not just Toyota.

Under Block Exemption, owners may have their vehicles serviced by any VAT-registered garage during the new car warranty period. However, to retain the new car warranty, the manufacturer's service schedules need to be adhered to and parts of equivalent quality need to be used. Some owners who choose to go down this route, choose to use manufacturer's parts to ensure this.

In the instance of a warranty claim where servicing and the use of parts is pertinent to the warranty claim, it would be the responsibility of the owner to satisfy the manufacturer that the vehicle had been serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's service schedules and that parts of sufficient quality had been used.

Servicing outside of a manufacturer's dealer network may mean that necessary updates or work required under service bulletins or similar, aren't carried out.

In the case of any recalls, these will need to be done within the manufacturer's dealer network.

If the car is kept beyond the new car warranty period, and a major fault occurs, goodwill contributions from the manufacturer towards the cost of repairs may be less likely to be provided. Goodwill works both ways.

Plus as it's a hybrid you wont extend the warranty on the hybrid Battery as the yearly health check will add an extra year to the Battery warranty. That's what I was told by the dealer I got mine from. Others on here will clarify this.

3 minutes ago, Peter S said:

Plus as it's a hybrid you wont extend the warranty on the hybrid battery as the yearly health check will add an extra year to the battery warranty. That's what I was told by the dealer I got mine from. Others on here will clarify this.

Which is true for when the car is outside the 5 year/100,000 mile new car/hybrid components/hybrid Battery warranty.

Compare like with like, you will find the main dealer prices very competitive, especially important is the grade of oil used, something independents often overlook, plus, your Hybrid gets a free health check at service time, your independent will not offer that service. If you do go the independent route, you MUST keep all receipts and a check list of what was done on the service, IE the check sheet

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links