Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

USB port

mizunoman

Has anyone encountered a problem with the USB port not recognising a new flash drive when it is inserted yet the multimedia system is able to copy the contacts list to it. It also recognises when an IPOD is added .....

It is fussy about the formatting/partitioning. And probably audio formats as well. 

Get an old & small (4GB?) stick,and satisfy yourself that the stick is actually working nicely. Then  reformat it as one MS-DOS partition (none of the fancy new NTFS stuff - go as basic as you can).

And then, onto the empty stick, copy a single mp3 (and I do mean actual basic mp3, and don't use one ripped at an extreme bit rate, and definitely not ogg vorbis or any other audio format - plainest of plain mp3). 

Try that in the car. If it works, build from there. If not, check that what you have done really is as basic and middle of the road as possible before assuming the fault is elsewhere. 

Don't assume that because one part of the system (contacts lists) is happy therefore every other part of the system must be equally happy with the way a particular stick is arranged. 

Inserting an MS-DOS formatted 8gb stick into mine (with audio eg radio on) causes the input to be switched to the stick and something to start playing. 

If you have the list of "audio sources" on display, and insert a stick, you can see the list of sources refresh when the stick is plugged in. If it refreshes but doesn't change to usb input that means it knows something is there but can't handle whatever is on the stick (like my originally Mac-formatted stick!)

• Like 1

thanks - I hadn't thought about going back to basics ...... It worked so it's obviously the 8.6.1 map upgrade software that isn't working .....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links