Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis T25 pulls to left

Pingman21

Trying to get to the bottom of why my Avensis pulls to the left, had the tracking checked twice now on proper 4 wheel laser alignment unit and it still pulls to the left slightly, any ideas people?

There are quite a few causes of this. Here's a non exhaustive list. Worn front suspension joints. Odd or unevenly worn tyres particularly on the front, reasonably likely, try swapping fronts and rears. Brakes binding on one side, front, check for excessive wear on one pad. Car has been in a serious accident previously and chassis is out of alignment, though not likely. I'm sure there are others. Each one of the above can be ruled out with inspection. Hope it helps.

Ian

In my case it was the tyres.  Try swapping left and right wheels or front and back.   Nothing obvious was wrong but it definitely was the problem in my case.  

Pulls to the left under braking? Or drifts left whilst driving? 

Most reasons have been covered but many factors should have been checked or considered during the wheel alignment. 

What's the history? Has it always driven like this? How long have you had the car? Have you changed the wheels or tyres around prior to the problem starting? 

Possible broken spring may cause drifting. 

4 hours ago, gazza1286 said:

Pulls to the left under braking? Or drifts left whilst driving? 

Most reasons have been covered but many factors should have been checked or considered during the wheel alignment. 

What's the history? Has it always driven like this? How long have you had the car? Have you changed the wheels or tyres around prior to the problem starting? 

Possible broken spring may cause drifting. 

Drifts while driving.

I've owned it a year and a half and i think its done it the entire time. I put it down to passenger front left having a slow leak (had allot of tread so I put up with it) however now on 4x Goodyear efficient grips and problem persists. 

Different pressure in front left and right tires can drift the car sideways when driving - I experienced this recently on my Auris. It is barely noticeable though.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links