Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris engine tray

Lemin

Hi,

I recently bought a 2007 Auris, 1.33 vvti petrol, from a Toyota dealer. It seems to be going fine but I found that there is no base tray / shielding under the engine bay apart from a fairly thin strip sticking out under the radiator. Should there be more of a tray? I've been looking on eBay for a replacement but there does not seem to any thing suitable for the model.

One type seems to be a full tray but the description says it is suitable for diesel Auris, and later model petrol. It looks similar to what I have but I would be reluctant to order it if it isn't suitable.
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/TOYOTA-Auris-...oAAOSwp5JWaT4-

The type I have on the car 
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/TOYOTA-Auris-...oAAOSwnipWaT3u

If anyone has a similar Auris, can you tell me if you have a similar under engine tray? If so, have you replaced with a full cover? I appreciate any help anyone could offer. Thanks

This video shows what the engine bay looks like. Lack of tray shown at 0:44.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBC9piGauzk

Was the 1.33 available in 2007 ? but yes, no full undertray is normal on the 1.33L

You're correct, not 1.33. It's 1.4. My mistake.

Should there not be a full tray fitted? Is it possible to fit one? Surely the engine and engine bay is being left prone to damage from stones, dirt, salt etc... ?

I still think its normal, even for the 1.4L. Our 1.4L (2003) Corolla doesn't have a full size tray and the lack of one has never been a problem. I've no idea whether it is possible to fit an aftermarket one or not.

• Like 1

Neither my 2009 or my 2012 Auris 1.33's had full undertrays - never a problem.

I remember reading in one of the Toyota brochures that they introduced under trays for the hybrid version (which came out in 2010), purely for fuel efficiency reasons. It reduces drag and keeps the engine warmer.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links