Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003, RAV4 2.0 D4D, a few issues

Rob will

Hello from a new member. I have. 2003 2.0 d4d Rav 4, and have a couple of issues I'd like a bit of advice on...

I tried to replace the serpentine belt the other day but didn't realise the pulley when also had a central bolt that need loosening off before adjustment. The end result is that I have bent the long bolt for the tensioner. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement long bolt?

2nd problem is that the exhaust has snapped at the bracket to the rear box. I have seen "repair pipes" available which means I cut the exhaust behind the cat and slide it on. Does anyone have experience of these? Anything I should watch out for?

Finally, I need to flush the fuel tank, I filled up a while ago from a Jerry can and managed to get some crap drop though, I really want to get it flushed out as I think the crap is messing with the fuel gauge, the fuel never drops below a quarter tank.... Any clues on how difficult this job is?

thanks for any help.

Robert.

On ur 2nd question, I took the wife's 03 rav to my local exhaust centre with same problem. They cut out the entire joint, were the back box joins middle section and welded in a new piece of pipe the same diameter. So as to join both permanently. £40  and an excellent solution.

On ur 3rd question, my mechanic cleaned out diesel tank on my own rav, by taking out rear seat and getting into tank from the top. Not sure how he did it. but took a lot of black muck out. Curing a cutting out problem whilst driving downhill. Again an excellent solution.

I was under the impression that I could access the tank from the inside of the car, but I cannot see how, mine is the 5 door if that makes any difference. I'll have to do a bit more digging I think.

Edited by Rob will
Removing double post

I think rear  seats need to come out. and access is gained via a removable plate bolted to top of tank, directly under the back seat.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links