Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Should I get a Yaris for my daughter ??

kt66

Hello, sort of newbie here. I have an Mr2 which I love and my daughter has just turned 17 and is after a car.

I'd initially thought Aygo, but I like the idea of a bit more metal around her and so  thinking a Yaris on a budget of up to £2000 - which looks like it'll get me something like an 07/57 plate. 

I'd really appreciate any pointers or thoughts on this. What should and shouldn't I go for ?

There's some really high mileage ones for sale which bodes well I guess for longevity but I'd inevitably after the elusive 1 owner, well maintained one so if anyone knows of one....

Thanks

i just got a 66 yaris and my dad has an 04 yaris and i just feel the quality right away even more than honda and tons more than kia and VW that i have owned, i say yes i think toyota are the top of the tree for build and reliability and no other car maker can match them

just take a look at how many mk1 yaris are out there with mega miles and still look mint

• Like 1

I too have a 17yr old daughter and I got her an 04 plate Yaris 1.3 T-Spirit 5dr in silver. 38,000 miles with all the services records etc and paid £1,400 for it (private). She loves it. It took a little while to find the car and she had already started her driving lessons with an instructor, then we used this so she could just get the extra road time/experience. She's now passed her test so I had to change the insurance from a learner policy to a full blown policy (not really the type of cost you need the week before Christmas) at £1,100 with Ingenie.

Hope that helps

• Like 1

Thanks for that. Well I picked it up yesterday, a 1.0 2007 Ion and I'm really impressed when I drive it back. Can't believe how much power from a 1.0 3 cylinder. It was a one owner, full Toyota history and is really tidy.

I need to get another key for it (there's only one - any suggestions (I'm near Stafford) I think the alternator is on the way out as well (Battery light is on when the lights are and for a little while when I start it during the day- is this coomon?)

The car has a 3 month warranty so even I need an alternator I'm hoping/assuming it's covered.

Other then that I'm really impressed - it feels like a 'substanial' car -  can see some arguments over who gets to use it!

Any thoughts on keys and alternators would be appreciated.

I'm going to do the learner insurance on it tomorrow- couple of people have suggested Collingwood are pretty decent - around the £400 mark

Thanks

Sorry, can't offer advice on the keys or alternator. For learner insurance we used FluxDirect via Quidco. Came out around £400 plus £30 back from Quidco.

• 2 weeks later...

Seams a common prob on later yaris  alternator will be covered on your warranty ( oh by the way you have 6 months warranty when buying a car from a trader/dealer not the 3 months they have palmed you off with

as for the key there vare loads of lock people ouit there to cut and code you a key

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links