fordulike

What's the very best windscreen wiper for the Aygo?

Although I bought the Aygo for cost effective motoring, I never go cheap on things like windscreen wipers. So, considering I only need the one wiper, in member's opinion, what is the very best windscreen wiper I can buy for my car?

I've always bought the "aero" type wipers for mine. From all the ones I've used I think Valeo made the best value wiper blade for the car.

8 minutes ago, mickburkesnr said:

I've always bought the "aero" type wipers for mine. From all the ones I've used I think Valeo made the best value wiper blade for the car.

I did notice that the wipe gets a bit pants at speed. Does the aero design help at higher speeds?

I think they wipe better than the normal one it comes with. So I've always used the aero type, even in older cars I've had.

• Like 1

I only ever use Aero on mine, well did try another brand once that cost a little more.

But soon returned.

• Like 1

On 11/02/2017 at 9:48 AM, FROSTYBALLS said:

Have a look at the Auto Express report (August 2016)  - http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/36172/best-wiper-blades-2016-group-test

The Bosch Aerotwin swept away the opposition ..

I swear by Bosch wipers. I replaced my stock aygo wiper with one immediately.

Thank you everyone, Bosch Aerotwin on way :smile:

Bit late to the party but my PIAA wipers are still doing great and I still haven't had to change them!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, fordulike said:

Thank you everyone, Bosch Aerotwin on way :smile:

Shouldn't that be a Bosch Areoorphan?

I'll get my coat!

Received and fitted my Bosch Aerotwin. Initial impressions are that it sweeps very smoothly and is ultra quiet. Only time will tell if it maintains these excellent traits.

I must admit, I really do prefer just the one wiper clearing the screen, rather than two. Well done Toyota :smile:

Has anybody tried upping from 26 to 28" for a little extra clearance? (I think it could almost take a 30" blade ?)

Going from 12 to 19" on the rear made a world of difference...

On 14/02/2017 at 4:58 PM, Plob said:

Has anybody tried upping from 26 to 28" for a little extra clearance? (I think it could almost take a 30" blade ?)

Not yet, I was contemplating it for the next time I needed to change the wiper blade.

On 9.02.2017 at 5:12 PM, mickburkesnr said:

Need to disagree. No more Valeo. See this brand new Valeo:

I bought recently the Bosch Aerotwin wiper blades for my Avensis and must say they work perfectly for me. They were £38 in Halfords and £34 + delivery with Euro Car Parts. I paid £19.18 inc delivery through Amazon with a company called WeeBargains. These were genuine Bosch blades - a bargain!